Breakfast or Dessert? Fantastic Low AntiNutrient Treat
Can’t decide? Never mind, take a few spoonfuls while you’re thinking about it. These delicious cups are easy to make ahead of time and store in the fridge.
How to make Choc Chia Cups
Prep time: 10 minutes. Serves four.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries (or other berries)
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond flakes
- To enjoy the full texture of chia seeds, don’t use a blender. Just a bowl and whisk. Great as a dessert – or a ready made breakfast.
- In a large bowl place chia seeds, cocoa, almond milk, banana, vanilla and cinnamon – then whisk briskly.
- Divide mixture among four little jars – or glasses and cover each with cling wrap. Refrigerate for ~4 hours – or overnight.
- Serve with lots of blueberries and toasted almonds (to offset the high-ranking cocoa).